Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Thanks For Asking! -- 11/07/17

This installment of The KN@PP Stir Podcast's perpetual AMA thread is brought to you by the anonymous supporter who lets me promote anything I want to promote, which at the moment is:


Up above the main title, you may notice the words "Volume II." That's correct, and you really should read the whole series, but I picked this volume because I consider it particularly applicable in a "history doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes" kind of way. I almost picked Volume I because it includes a likely rhyming situation (in 1872, Horace Greeley ran as the candidate of the Liberal Republican Party against the sitting Republican president, Ulysses S. Grant). But the fascination with populism seems like a more over-arching historical rhyme, so Volume II it is. But again, read all of them. Darcy Richardson is to the history of "third parties" as Shelby Foote is to the history of the Civil War. He misses few details and keeps it fascinating.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for ...

ASK ME ANYTHING IN COMMENTS FOR $0 AND ...

I'LL ANSWER (IN COMMENTS OR ON THE KN@PP STIR PODCAST) OR ...

ASK ME VIA EARN.COM FOR $1 (ANSWER CAN BE PRIVATE OR PUBLICLY PODCAST, JUST SPECIFY WHICH)



No comments: