Saturday, March 05, 2016

Not Exactly a Tour ...

... but I'm going to be traveling around northern Florida for Libertarian Party purposes next Tuesday and Wednesday, so I figured I'd throw my itinerary out so that anyone with a burning desire to meet me has a chance to do so.

I'm heading from Gainesville to Orange Park to attend the Clay County Libertarian Party's monthly meeting on Tuesday, March 8th. That's at 7pm at the Brick Oven Pizzeria & Gastropub, 1811 Town Center  in Fleming Island. If you're in the area, come on out!

The thing is, I'm taking the long way there, via Greyhound.

I have a layover in Ocala from 10:10am to 10:40am on Tuesday.

Then another layover in Orlando from 12:15pm to 1:10pm.

And a third layover in Jacksonville from 3:40pm to 4:45pm.

OK, so we're only talking about 30-60 minutes in each place, not accounting for buses running late, boarding times, etc. But hey, if you think you might be in the immediate neighborhood, hit the contact form, let me know and we can hook up for a few minutes.

On Wednesday, I'll be returning via Lake City, where I'll have a two-hour-plus layover from 10:20am to 12:40pm. Same thing -- if that's your area and you'd like to have coffee or whatever, ping me!

Note: Yes, that first bus trip is an eight-hour counter-clockwise circle to go someplace about 60 miles away. I could have taken the same route both ways, but that would have put me in Jacksonville with seven hours of nothing to do. So I figure I'll see some bits of Florida I haven't seen yet, maybe get some work done if the bus has wi-fi, etc. And the bus tickets were both the same price. Huzzah.

No comments: