Thursday, March 05, 2015

Interesting ...

I'm definitely a fan of having most of my stuff in the cloud -- going on three years as a Chromebook/Chromebox user now and I'm very satisfied.

Paperspace proposes to take that whole idea even further. A whole, fast, constantly upgrade/updated computer (not just a web browser), running entirely in the cloud (presumably as a virtual machine on some ginormous mainframe), that you can access either via the web from your own old, slow machine (all the actual computing is at the other end -- your machine would just handle input/output and receive video) or using a little hockey-puck-looking thing called the Paperweight.



The Paperweight will cost $50. The service will start at $10 a month. I'm given to understand that the OS options are Windows and Linux.

I may have to check it out.

No comments: