Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Sometimes my Opposition to Capital Punishment is Tested

I don't think I'll ever see my way clear to being okay with the state doing it.

But I occasionally find myself thinking that if a particularly vicious criminal or criminals -- for example, publicly admitted kidnapping/extortion kingpins Leslie R. Caldwell, Dana J. Boente and Andrew G. McCabe -- turned up dead at the hands of someone acting on behalf of their victims or just in defense of the public safety against the clear and present danger represented by their ongoing actions, I'd be hard pressed to work up a good cry over it, and would almost certainly make a small contribution to the legal defense fund of the hero or heroine should he or she be apprehended by the culprits' co-conspirators.

Just sayin'.

More on the story here. Hat tip -- Matthew Barnes.

No comments: