Monday, November 03, 2014

The KN@PP Stir, Episode 2


What's in tonight's podcast:

  • Thoughts about tomorrow's elections.
  • Where I plan to take the podcast, how and why (see below for the first pertinent details).
  • Where I'm podcasting from and why it matters.
  • What I'm wearing during the podcast and why it matters.
  • What I'm drinking during the podcast and why it matters.
  • More thoughts about tomorrow's elections.
The aforementioned pertinent details:

  • I'm operating on a free Soundcloud account (maximum archive of three hours total) and intend to podcast through the end of the year on that account whether I get sponsors/funding or not.
  • If I can find one sponsor willing to put up the $135 for a one-year "unlimited" Soundcloud account, I will commit to a minimum of one podcast per month through 2015. That's a minimum -- there will almost certainly be more (I'm tentatively planning a weekly Friday podcast of 15-30 minutes). The sponsor will be acknowledged verbally early in each podcast and will also enjoy a banner ad and link at the bottom of each podcast's blog post here at KN@PPSTER.
  • If I can find one sponsor willing to put up $50-60 for a Blue Snowball microphone (optionally with the $6-7 "pop filter" to improve the sound I will commit to an additional minimum of one podcast per month through 2015, bringing us to, once again as a minimum, two podcasts per month.That second sponsor will also be acknowledged verbally early in each podcast and will also enjoy a banner ad and link at the bottom of each podcast's blog post here at KN@PPSTER.
  • If you're interested in being either of the sponsors described above, hit the contact form and let's talk it over!
  • Any funding beyond those bare-bones sponsorships to cover equipment and hosting is the fat, the gravy, the extra. Once I've got the sponsorship funding and am podcasting regularly, I'll set up a mechanism for those who'd like to throw a buck or three a month at me to encourage more and better podcasting. As with anything, a little extra spending money is very motivational.
So, that's where we're at. The next podcast will probably be this Friday, and will probably focus on what a predictive marvel I was with respect to tomorrow's election, or to what a putz I was for getting it all wrong. Talk to you then!

No comments: