Thursday, June 07, 2012

I Disagree, Judge Napolitano

Former judge Andrew Napolitano, writing today in Reason:


For the past few weeks, I have been writing in this column about the government's use of drones and challenging their constitutionality on Fox News Channel where I work. I once asked on air what Thomas Jefferson would have done if -- had drones existed at the time -- King George III had sent drones to peer inside the bedroom windows of Monticello. I suspect that Jefferson and his household would have trained their muskets on the drones and taken them down. I offer this historical anachronism as a hypothetical only, not as one who is urging the use of violence against the government.

Since he won't go past the hypothetical, I will:

I strongly urge anyone and everyone with the desire and wherewithal to do whatever it takes to make it impossible -- or at least hellaciously expensive -- to keep military or police drone aircraft in flight over any US city.

Given reports of e.g. Pakistani Taliban insurgents wiretapping drone video feeds, the Iranian military downing and capturing a drone without shooting it down, etc., I have to suspect that relatively simple (as such things go) solutions, utilizing off-the-shelf technology, are available and either already documented or awaiting discovery. I suspect Anonymous/LulzSec/AntiSec/whatever they're calling themselves lately can help out on the informational end.

Jam or spoof their signals. Lase or flare their optics. Heck, maybe even fly radio-controlled "toy" aircraft -- carrying payloads of black powder and ball-bearings, perhaps -- into them.

Whatever it takes.

This one should be a hard "do not cross or we will fuck you up" line.

Hmmm ... wait ... in my Zemanta "related articles" feed, I see that Napolitano himself has already said as much. Huzzah!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Administrative law judge is an ARM Cortex-A8-based CPU
used in the iPad, bringing it down to hold the card in place.
The moment the iPhone 5 will keep up, you'll immediately recognize the benefit of makeup, jewelry, a pet lhama, or fancy evening wear. Komm vor meine sexchat und wir werden sehen was daraus werden kann. Unsere fickrige sexchat Dame Fame steht auf uns!